Friday, April 10, 2009

Coffee, Groceries, Writing--Proof I lead a Dull Life

I have a few plans for the weekend. No Easter egg hunts. No ham dinners. Just coffee tasting, grocery shopping, and writing.

There's a plant place at the end of Montezuma Avenue. It has some nice stuff. The coffee is good. I like what's in the store, but find the location odd (next to a trailer court and not on the main strip). The couple who own it seem nice and hip. My favorite thing about the place is, I think, the old truck they use to advertise. Anyhow, the coffee and some music will be free tomorrow...so I'll go there for my Saturday morning fix.

Grocery shopping...what can I say? I don't really like it. I cook only for myself and find I buy pretty much the same thing every week. It bores the crap out of me! I'd like to get excited about cooking. I guess with a change in social settings, I may find myself entertaining others (it's a better motivator towards good food). My biggest thing not to forget when shopping is potable water (nobody seems to trust the water at Teec).

I've got the first dozen pages of a new novel underway. It's not quite right yet. I'll hold off on sharing until I feel better about it. It may take awhile. I also need to get back to the library and do some hunting for publishers. I sent off a query letter to four publishers. I've gotten two back--one saying they are not accepting anything right now... the other just had a return to sender sticker on front. Anyhow, my instructor Kevin McColley suggest I keep a line of possible publishers in mind. Who'd thought writing would be so much work?

2 comments:

Bill Grimm said...

So you're a blogger? Do you find writing to a blog helps or hinders your other writing?

Joe said...

I find the kind of writing I blog similar to journaling. I guess I could take a more creative approach. I don't think it hurts my other writing. It's different, that's all.