Sunday, April 26, 2009

Box That Please!

There's this new found energy in my life. It feels like things are starting to work at the proper pace. Things are happening!

I'm planning to make my big move across the US at the end of next month. I have little planned beyond that. I suppose a major move and finishing out my school year is plenty.

I've been going through closets and shelves bagging and boxing what I want to take...and keeping the stuff I don't want aside for a thrift store drop-off. It feels great! It really does.

Life on the reservation, in a different culture, by myself, and among the occasional sand storm is tiring along with dull (at this point). I'm ready for coffee shop mornings, drizzly days, house projects and (dare I say) the possibility of a dating scene. I'm also hopeful of getting my foot in the door at the local school. Maybe there's a writing group. Maybe there will be hikes with friends. Maybe I can going out in the canoe to meditate/fish. Maybe I can have cookouts. Maybe I can visit NYC for a weekend (it's 5 hours away). Maybe I can create a perfect Hobbit hole to live out my life (though an adventure now and then wouldn't be passed up!). Too many maybes...too much excitement.

I'm also looking forward to green...and all of the fresh smells that come along with the color. The woods, trails, and wildlife. I know it'll be good for me. I might even take up painting again (my truest passion...although some mistakenly think it is writing).

Change is good. Change is inevitable. I'm ready to take the plunge!

No comments: