Friday, October 2, 2009

Zen Destiny

What to write about? Today. What a great day!

Sometimes, I let go from what I think should happen. Sometimes, I follow my day on clues. Divine intervention...I think so. Today is such a day.

I decided to go to the new Sears outside of town (I needed saw horses and they have a 1/2 price sale).

Since the Goodwill is on the way, I stopped to see if there was anything I wanted. I found some bundles of tweed (and five books). I scanned the racks for Hawaiian shirts (I always do). Where's this going? Oh, yeah, the tweed. Admittedly, the bundles were not Harris tweed. I've had a vision of a tweed hoodie. A seamstress in Mansfield told me she could make one for around $20 (if I brought an old hoodie with me to cut up for a pattern). I had an old hoodie on. Somehow the whole matter reeked of destiny.

After stopping at Sears, I continued along hwy 6 to Mansfield. I parked in my usual spot.

Since the seamstresses shop is next to the best coffee shop around, I went in for a mocha. There was a woman editing some writing at an old lounger in the window seat. We talked. Thinking of writing, I went to a table near the book shelf. The book shelf had a book of poems. I looked.

A friend of mine who is a poet has been calling me weekly. She stated last night that she'd like to have my baby. Actually, she said 4. I said I'd like 7. I guess it is up for negotiation.

The book of poems was good. I got it and mailed it off to her.

The librians tell me I am the "First to die". In other words, I need to go. Keep that zen state.

No comments: