Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Big Loop

As with most of my travels, I arrived in Costa Rica without much of a plan. I´ll be here in San Jose for two more days. I will go to the Quaker meeting this morning and then visit a museum or two in the afternoon. Tomorrow will be a morning of museums and an afternoon of visiting with a local dentist. So, those are my big city plans.

On celebrating my 45th time around the planet, I hope to go to the volcano area north of San Jose. After that, I want to get to the Monte Verde area for Christmas-fellow Quakers- and the Cloud Forest. The next stop will be via bus and ferry...I´ll go over to Montezuma for beaches on the Nicoya Peninsula. Another bus ride and I´ll be near the Manuel Antonio National Park in Quepos...and more beaches. Then my plan is to pursue more info on the mysterious prehistoric rock spheres found near the Osa Peninsula. Finally, I will loop back to San Jose for my final days and flight back.

Plans can change. That´s the best thing about traveling alone...it always plenty of freedom. I´ll try to keep my blogging rolling along. Maybe next I´ll share some ideas related to the giant stone spheres.

No comments: