Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Coffee with the Monkeys

Though I had plenty of sunscreen on, I managed to burn my back yesterday while snorkling. It´s not so bad...just warm on my back as I tried to fall asleep last night.

This morning I had coffee with a troop of monkeys. I´d been told by a local guide that monkeys appeared at 6:30am at the local bakery. I´d gone yesterday and was disappointed by the lack of monkeys and bad food. The cappachino though was good.

This morning I´d wandered down to get another cappachino. As I sipped away, a monkey bounced down out of the trees and began to pose. Really, the damn thing was posing in the branches. It made faces at other customers. It bounced around and finally a worker came out with a banana. I guess monkeys really do love bananas; this one stoled the whole thing...one chunk in his swollen cheeks, and another in each of his paws.

By the time I´d finished my drink, I counted seven primates jumping through the canopy. Pretty cool!

I´ve decided to finish reading a novel I´ve been cruising for awhile. It´ll be a day of swinging in one of the hotel hammocks and being lazy. The monkeys were a bad influence.

No comments: