Thursday, December 18, 2008

Plenty Going On

The weather in the Four Corners has been wintry to say the least. Yesterday we had a two hour delay at school. The drive over this morning was slick. I ended up filling the back of my truck with boxes of books from storage to get some weight over the back tires (I knew those books would come in handy some day).

Today, I'll make the 4 1/2 hour drive to Albuquerque. There's more snow expected...so it looks like I'll take a personal day (better safe than not) and make the trip.

I usually stay at a hotel in downtown. It's affordable and not sleazy like so many up on Central (if you know Albuquerque). In the morning I'll be up early for a 9 am flight.

Yes, I'm excited about my coming travels. Jungles, beaches, and all...who wouldn't be excited. Honestly though I've been so busy I haven't had much time to think about what I'll do when I get there.

There are days in my life that feel like landmarks. This is one. I finished my rewrite of the novel I've been working on last night at about 8pm. I'll print it out when I get back and read it out loud to catch any major glitches. I've a set of goals for the year listed next to my desk. Finishing the rewrite last night was a major one.

This morning I finished reading the first of my collection of Sherlock Holmes novels. I really enjoyed it! Man, Doyle definitely did not like the Mormons! I'll continue with my collection when I get back (a good winter read I think).

I've beans cooking for a potluck. I best go check on them.
Adios, Joe

p.s. If I can figure out how to upload photos, I thought I'd do this onto my FACEBOOK account.

3 comments:

raynew said...

Well done % the novel & have fun on your trip!!

Here in Paris there's still one day to go before the holidays - but high school students are on strike so I might spend more time near the coffee machine than in front of the kids.

I'm going to Normandy this week-end, home (my mom's) next week then Liverpool for New Year's - only week-ends as Coco doesn't have any vacation this year, having just started working here. But it should be fun anyway!

Season's greetings! Keep writing!

E.

PS: Uploading pictures on FB is quite simple, provided they're already on your computer. Just try it... can't wait to see them!

Maddie James said...

Hey Joe. Have a great trip! Good news about finishing the current wip. Yay! I expect to read some of that in San Diego or sooner. I'm finishing up a novella this weekend...my editor is waiting. Drat. I hate cutting so close to deadline but couldn't be helped. Life is, well, hectic to say the least. Safe travels and can't wait to see pics. Facebook is good. We have to connect there, too.

k aka m

Shawn said...

If you enjoy Sherlock Holmes, you should follow your reads up with Laurie King's Mary Russell series. Start with The Beekeeper's Apprentice. King brings Holmes out of retirement, and gives him a saucy partnet, to boot.