Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shifty Blog

Sometimes I have too much to write. Coming up with a single topic to blog on is difficult. I've not been good at even keeping a personal journal over the past months. I do have topics in mind; each could fill a volume. Since this is my space and my words-let me break life down into some topics. On my mind are (in no particular order): the new President, health, the end of my life on the reservation, and relationships.

The New President- Much like guacamole, I really enjoy saying Obama. It rolls off the tongue in a relaxed way (much better than say Bush). The name makes me think of a resort or a health and beauty aid (such as "If you rub a little obama under your eyes it removes the wrinkles and leaves your skins feeling refreshed."). See what I mean?

I did catch parts of the inauguration (a coworker insisted on bring it up on not one but two of the computers in my classroom). My hope is that somehow the new president can bring America together again after 8 years of the country being highly divided. I didn't vote for him (I went for all of the Green candidates). I hope America can move beyond its' materialism and once again take leadership in promoting freedom (sorry conservative readers but actions really do speak louder than words. These last 8 years seems to have been fear driven and not freedom driven. Yup, that's my opinion). He's got a tough job ahead of him--let's hope he'll be the kind of leader to bring us all to a better place!

Health- Midweek, I had an appointment with my regular doctor. Dr. Cain has always been focused on my health and well being. Admittedly, while I see him at social events in the Cortez area, it's difficult to approach someone as a friend when they know your body better than you do. I brought up two health topics; one related to Morgellons studies and another of a more personal nature. A study by a former NASA doctor connects Morgellons symptoms to the presence of Lyme Disease bacteria. My blood sample was taken and I should know the results sometime this next week. I'm now wondering if Morgellons is a kind of neurotoxin soup--mercury with Lyme Disease bacteria (or the bacterias' waste)...and possibly other ingredients.

I am considering writing a review of my health history from the past 20 years. I believe it reflects on mercury poisoning and hope to get an expert to take a look. I made copies of my two Explore! articles and sent them along with a note to a mercury poisoning expert in Georgia. I want to get him to author or co-author an article with me.

My Last Stint on the Rez- The dog incident from last week left me disturbed. I took it as a sign. I am damn sensitive. I have been working on the reservation setting for 10 years and lived 7 of them in less than pleasant teacher housing. I've gotten plenty of good out of my time here...but I need a new setting. I'll take the good and leave the bad. I'm okay with my decision.

So, where to next? I (due in part to Jayne's motivation) have been working on getting my CO teacher's certification renewed; it's not at all an easy hoop to jump through! I guess this spring I will be doing plenty of searching in CO, NM and PA for possible work. I want to find a setting where I can picture myself for many years to come.

Relationships- Jayne, my old girlfriend for some half dozen years ago, jumped back into my life. I enjoy her company and we have a great deal in common. We have differences too (much like a salt and pepper shaker, we contribute flavor without overshadowing the other).

We rendezvoused at the Valley View Hot springs in the San Luis Valley. It's an interesting setting. The weekend was enjoyable filled with soaking, hiking, visiting, and getting reacquainted. I find the setting unbelievably beautiful. Star lite nights and clear blue Sky add to the dreamy-mystical aura of the area. My first year of teaching was at Moffat...which is mid-valley (we drove by).

Jayne is uncertain where she stands at the moment. She doesn't want a long distance relationship (she did it before and hated it). She also has expressed concerns about our differences in degrees of materialism (it's true...given the right opportunity I could be content living in a shack with very little else. She's into creature comforts...even manicuring). I sometimes think we make relationships more complicated than we need to (maybe arranged marriages really are the way to go).

Thanks for reading. All comments are welcome.

No comments: