Sunday, November 2, 2008

Foggy Thoughts

Yesterday, I visited an old friend. It was great to see her. She passed on the news that another friend of ours had committed suicide. I hate this kind of news. I'd not been in touch with him in a couple of years. He'd been the one to convince me to give Bahrain a try and also to consider Tai Chi for exercise.

For every piece of crappy news in life, there' something good. Reflecting on it has made me want to reconnect with old friends. Friends really are our "Family of choice".

My query on blogging today is not so deep. What is the difference between blogs and journals?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hi Joe...it's really sad and touching, but also important... age and experiences give You more knowledge, deeper life, but a lot of sorrow... hope You've found Your balance. big hug! Anna