Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Is This Dull?

Today is traditional dress day at the school. Already I'm seeing girls in velvet dresses with turquoise jewelry. I used to have a ribbon shirt I'd wear on such days, but sold it at a yard sale along the way.

My job is stressful. I'd say somewhere around a 7 on most days. I guess I wouldn't mind the stress as much if I felt it was accomplishing something. I'm constantly reminded I only have control over my own actions. Students and coworkers will do what they do. I look forward to one day being my own boss.

It is the middle of the week and I'm rolling towards the weekend and a full week off for Thanksgiving. I have the usual coffee shop stop on Saturday, a cribbage game on Sunday morning and the long drive to my brother Chris and his family on Sunday afternoon.

My writing isn't the best this morning. I guess I'm feeling pretty uninspired. I promise a more lively ponder on my next attempt.

1 comment:

Anna said...

i hope You're not depressed...?i can imagine that You're disapionted because of the situation in Your job if You feel helpless...i know it's a truism, but try to think You're doing Your best, and focus on it. big hug from Anna!!!