Sunday, November 16, 2008

Twanglish and Dental Jackhammers

I had an epiphany several weeks back. Twanglish! My God it describes everything and nothing. Twanglish! The newest in vogue proof of being a true American. Twanglish-was I the first to come up with this term?

I google the term this morning. Damn...others have been using it! In fact, it seems to have been used for some time (I'm thinking Joe Bob Briggs and his movie reviews from long ago may have been the origin of written Twanglish). Maybe I'd picked it up subconsciously from some politician or collective consciousness or alien mind probes.

I've had a fine weekend. I visited friends. Last night, I was the guest of honor at an inpromptu dinner party. I got to pass around some photo albums from my summer travels. I got to hear/connect/reconnect/share...just plain communicate. This shouldn't feel like a luxury, but at this point in my life it does. It was really great!

One of the topics of conversation was my plans to get my wisdom teeth pulled. The opinions were mixed. Several yeahs... a couple of nays.

Lew, a retired educator and gardener extraordinaire (who recently made the observation that his garlic bulbs were 47% larger than the original seeders), shared his scientific opinion of getting my dental work done. "I had one pulled by a dentist and one pulled by an oral surgeon. The tooth done by the dentist took several weeks to heal. The one done by the oral surgeon took only three days." Of course, we were all intrigued by Lew's observations. He went on to describe the life story of crime lived by his oral surgeon. Pressed for more information on his dentist, Lew shared, "He used a kind of miniture jackhammer that he wound up to chip at my tooth".

Laughing yourself to sleep is never a bad thing. As for by blog, I'll just "Get-R-Done!".

No comments: